33rd annual Stuart Air Show taking place Nov. 11-13
Celebrating aviation and the 75th anniversary of the US Air Force the 33rd annual Stuart Air Show promises thrilling, gravity-defying, jaw-dropping, and award-winning military and civilian aircraft and performers Nov. 11-13 at historic Witham Field.
With record breaking attendance reported at airshows across the country, please find important information to help you build engaging and informative content packages for your audiences whether in print, television, radio, digital or omni-channel.
Schedule of events:
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 - Friday, Nov. 11.: Aircraft will start arriving at historic Witham Field Wednesday
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: STEM EXPO with 10-12 grade appropriate stations for schools to explore exciting opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. More than 25 schools and 690 students registered for this unique educational experience.
- Friday, Nov. 11, 10 a.m.: Annual Veterans Day Parade and fly over
- Friday, Nov. 11, 11:30 a.m.: Practice
- Friday, Nov. 11, 5 p.m.: Gates open for Twilight & Firework Show, with concert by the Rotorheads and the TD Bank Dirty Flight Suit Party
- Saturday, Nov. 12 & Sunday, Nov. 13:
o Gates open at 9 a.m.
o Ground attractions and displays all day including static aircraft, exciting simulators, Kids Zone, dozens of novelty and community vendors, concessions, and much more
o Aerobatic portion of the day starts at 11:30 a.m. with opening ceremony and the All-Veteran Group jumping into the show with the American and POW flags.
o Performances end approximately 4:30 p.m.
- Media interviews with performers and key personnel or volunteers, rides and photo or video opportunities available upon request throughout the week.
- To request media credentials please to go https://stuartairshow.com/media-credentials
US Air Force F-16 Demonstration Team "Viper" with Capt. Aimee “Rebel” Fieldler
- Rebel has punched the ceiling by being one of only a few female demonstration pilots
- US Air Force A-10 Demonstration Team "Warthog" with Major Haden “Gator” Fullam
- After eight years coming to the Stuart Air Show, this will be Gator’s last airshow as he will be retiring after the show
- US Air Force Heritage Flight, 25th Anniversary featuring the F-16, A-10 and a P-51
o A three to four ship formation with multiple generations a USAF warbirds and fighter jets, a stirring tribute to the US Air Force.
- A twin ship P-51 Team featuring "Mad Max" and "Little Witch"
- US Navy F-18 Demonstration Team "Rhino" with Lt. Ryan “Peaches” Garcia
o Unlike the F-16 which will be staged and flown from another airport, the F-18 will be staged at Witham Field. In addition to the demonstration, there will be two other F-18 on the airfield as static displays and a F-18 simulator experience.
- US Navy Legacy Flight featuring Jim "Torc" Tobul and his beautifully restored Corsair
o In honor of those served this touching tribute will feature the F-18 and the F4U-4 Corsair and will also perform the Missing Man
- Aeroshell Aerobatic Team, a precision multi-ship T-6 formation team
o Founded in 1987, one of the most successful aerobatic performance teams, for nearly 40 years thrilling crowd with their precision and beauty
- Rob Holland, an international award-winning aerobatic "athlete" who defies gravity with every flight
o Fresh from his 11th consecutive National Aerobatic Champion title, Holland promises the most thrilling of performance of the show
- Kevin Coleman with his high-performance Extra 300 in striking Red Bull colors
- Qyon Aerosports, jet demonstration in the L-39 Albatross
- Younkin Airshows returns with the meticulously restored 1943 Twin Beech 18
- Vertigo Airshows, Bob Carlton performs an aerobatic ballet in a jet sailplane named Salto
- Friends of Army Aviation bring open door helicopter rides over the intercoastal in a Huey UH1
- All Veteran Group Parachute Team and Round Canopy Parachute Team- USA
- AFTERSHOCK Jet Fire Truck (also performing during the airshow)
- DreamBig Entertainment, a "Top Gun" themed cockpit experience
- Static aircraft, including; two F-18s, a C-17 Globemaster with expanded aeromedical capabilities, the C-130 Hercules, and the E-9A airborne sea surveillance platform
- Vietnam reenactment hosted by Road to Victory Military Museum and partners
- Military displays and encampments
- Dozens of exhibitors, vendors, and concessions
Each year the Stuart Air show donates tens of thousands of dollars to area charities as well as service programs for children and Veterans. With more than 24 groups volunteering at the show, the airshow becomes an important platform for these groups to raise awareness as well as funds.
Media interviews, rides and photo or video opportunities available upon request throughout the week.
To request media credentials please to go https://stuartairshow.com/media-credentials
For information on times, ticket prices, the latest information on performers, rides, attractions, upgrades, and frequently asked questions visit www.stuartairshow.com.
About the Stuart Air Show
The Stuart Air Show is a 501 (C) (3) nonprofit organization. For more than 30 years, it has been dedicated to honoring the history of American aviation and veterans. Each year the air show attracts tens of thousands of attendees and partners with schools and children's service agencies to offer STEM and other educational opportunities to hundreds of school-age children. The Stuart Air Show also partners with like-minded mission nonprofits such as EAA Chapter 692, Southeast Florida Honor Flight, and the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, as well as providing fundraising opportunities for dozens of other Martin County-based charities.