The City of Port St. Lucie honored as a 2019 Best Place to Work
PORT ST. LUCIE – The City of Port St. Lucie was recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in St. Lucie County – the twelfth year the City has earned this prestigious honor.
Port St. Lucie Human Resources staff accepted the award on behalf of the City at Thursday’s 18th Annual St. Lucie County “Best Places to Work” Awards.
“During this time when the unemployment rate is at a record low, job seekers are able to choose employers who treat their employees well and provide meaningful and measurable programs,” said Assistant Human Resources Director Natalie Cabrera. “Our City remains an employer of choice while we continually implement the City's organizational vision to be recognized nationally as a leader providing superior services.”
The St. Lucie County Human Resource Association commissioned Personnel Dynamics Consulting of Fort Pierce to calculate turnover rates, growth percentages, employee development spending, promotion percentages, insurance packages and retirement plans; a total of 37 different measurements to determine the St. Lucie County’s Best Places to Work.
This program is free to all St. Lucie County employers. Participating companies were required to answer a 40-question survey about their organization.
The City of Port St. Lucie was one of 15 employers in St. Lucie County who were honored with this award this year. The St. Lucie County Human Resource Association cited these reasons the City, with 1,008 employees, is considered one of the county’s Best Places to Work:
• 9.3% Turnover Rate (Survey Average: 15.7%)
• 93% of the employees are enrolled in the health insurance plan (Survey Average: 79%)
• 7.5% Promotion Rate (Survey Average: 7.5%)
• Averaged $1,596 per employee spent on Training and Development (Survey Average: $1,198)
• 41 Paid Days Off after one year of employment
• The Employee Health Clinic is free to city employees and dependents whom participate in the City's health insurance plan. Services provided range from routine wellness/office visits, medical/emergency care, x-rays, and medication the clinic carries. There are 3 clinic locations to choose from, two of which are open 7 days a week.
• City employees participate in various fundraisers throughout the year to support local charity and causes.
The City of Port St. Lucie is proud to be a hometown where people live, learn, work and play, and celebrate all of life’s opportunities. With over 195,000 residents, Port St. Lucie is Florida’s seventh largest city by population (South Florida’s 3rd largest city). The City occupies an area of 120 square miles in St. Lucie County on Florida’s east coast, about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach, half way between Miami and Orlando. The City provides most traditional municipal services including law enforcement, water and sewer, and public works. For more information, please visit: www.cityofpsl.com
Treasure Coast Business is a news service and magazine published in print, via e-newsletter and online at tcbusiness.com by Indian River Magazine Inc. For more information or to report news email [email protected]