The Fielden Institute for Lifelong Learning at Indian River State College (IRSC) is now accepting registration and membership for its 2019–2020 season. Fielden Institute courses, offered across all five IRSC campuses and at select community sites, are designed for men and women age 50 and better who are interested in exploring shared topics of interest in a college atmosphere. There are no pre-requisites, no long semesters, no grades, no tests—learning occurs simply for the joy of learning.
This season’s catalog features more than 80 different sessions. Topics such as art, computers and technology, photography, finance, writing, gardening, health, creativity, local history and more are delivered by seasoned peer leaders in a variety settings, including as hands-on activities, discussion groups and lectures, field trips, book and film groups, and lectures. Courses are non-credit and do not apply to any IRSC degree program. The catalog and online registration is now available at www.irscfoundation.org.
Also this year, the Fielden Institute for Lifelong Learning presents the 14th season of its Distinguished Lecture Series on Current Issues. The series brings nationally recognized experts and seasoned educators to the podium on current events on subjects in foreign policy, education, technology, health and the economy. Registration for the five-part lecture series is $150 per person for nonmembers; $100 per person for members and peer leaders. Lecture details and registration is also available online.
The public is invited to attend free open houses at IRSC campuses in Indian River, Martin, St. Lucie and Okeechobee counties to learn more about 2019–2020 program offerings, meet members and peer leaders, register for courses, and enjoy conversation, coffee and light refreshments.
Each open house runs from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. Formal presentations begin at 10 a.m.
· Wednesday, October 16, in the Schreiber Conference Center at the IRSC Pruitt Campus located at 500 N.W. California Blvd. in Port St. Lucie
· Thursday, October 17, in the Brown Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the IRSC Main Campus located at 3209 Virginia Avenue in Fort Pierce
· Friday, October 18, in the Richardson Center Auditorium at the IRSC Mueller Campus located at 6155 College Lane in Vero Beach
· Tuesday, October 22, in the Williamson Conference Center Auditorium at the IRSC Dixon Hendry Campus located at 2229 N.W. Ninth Avenue in Okeechobee
· Thursday, October 24, in the Wolf High-Technology Center Auditorium at the IRSC Chastain Campus located at 2400 S.E. Salerno Road in Stuart
To RSVP for one of the upcoming open houses or for more information about The Fielden Institute for Lifelong Learning at IRSC call 772-462-7880 or visit www.irscfoundation.org.
Treasure Coast Business is a news service and magazine published in print, via e-newsletter and online at tcbusiness.com by Indian River Magazine Inc. For more information or to report news email [email protected]