This is a community service of Indian River Magazine Inc. in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma. If you have an announcement of a reopening, a cancellation, a confirmation, help needed, a discount or a post-hurricane deal you would like to share please email Publisher Gregory Enns at [email protected] We will share your news immediately in our Treasure Coast business e-newsletter and on our Treasure Coast Business (tcbusiness.com) Web site and our social media pages.
RE-OPENED FOR BUSINESS
The following have announced the reopening of their businesses after Hurricane Irma:
• Power, phones and Internet service are fully restored and Post Insurance, 146 NW Central Plaza #102, Port St. Lucie, has reopened after the storm. Call 772.878.8184 or email [email protected]
•The Ocean Grill, 1050 Beachland Blvd., Vero Beach, fared well during Hurricane Irma. The bar will reopen at 4 p.m. Sunday and the restaurant at 5 p.m. The historic landmark, built by Vero pioneer Waldo Sexton, had been closed for employee vacation when the hurricane hit.
• The Cake Lady Bakes 207 Orange Ave., Fort Pierce, is open again and baking daily, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday but open regular hours 11 a.m.-8 p.m. next week Tuesday through Friday and 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. “If anyone would like to come in and soak up some AC, charge cell phones or other devises, use lap-tops to work [on free Wi-Fi], we are happy to oblige,” says owner Staci Dunn. 772.242.8128.
• The Wilmington Trust office, located at 821 Beachland Blvd, Vero Beach is open for business. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. 772.234.1700.
• Royal Beach Inn, 222 Hernando St., South Hutchinson Island, has regained power and is reopening today. Two-bedroom suites with full kitchens and hotel rooms with two doubles or a king are avialable. Call 772.672.8888 for reservations.
• The Indian River County Landfill is open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. All Customer Convenience Centers are open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Recycling services have been suspended until further notice. For garbage and yard waste collection information visit ircrecycles.com
Australia’s Thunder from Down Under at the Lyric Theatre in Stuart will continue as scheduled on Friday, with shows scheduled for 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. The show is one of the best-known male revue shows in Las Vegas. Visit LyricTheatre.com or call 772.286.7827.
The Parent Academy of St. Lucie County Lip Sync Battle scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 16, at the Sunrise Theatre has been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date. Purchased tickets and fees will be refunded by contacting the Box Office at 772.461.4775 Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Heathcote Botanical Gardens, 102 Savannah Road, Fort Pierce, made it through Irma, but volunteers are needed to help with cleanup of debris. Call 772.464.4672 to offer assistance.
Riverside Theatre in Vero Beach is showing its appreciation after Irma by opening its doors for a FREE weekend full of great music. Howl at the Moon performances on Friday and Saturday are free to everyone who wants to attend. ALL tickets are free of charge, with a limit of two tickets per household because of limited seating. The shows begin at 7:30 and 9:30 both nights. Patrons can get tickets at the Box Office in person, over the phone at 772.231.6990, or online at www.riversidetheatre.com.
Skies the Limit, 2361 Seafury Lane, Port St. Lucie, is offering 1,000 free business cards with the purchase of 1,500 for $69, plus art and design. 772.340.1090.