City of Port St. Lucie Advisory on COVID-19
City of Port St. Lucie taking precautions to protect citizens against potential spread of virus
PORT ST. LUCIE – The health and safety of our citizens, as well as staff, remains a top priority for the City of Port St. Lucie. As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation evolves, the City is taking precautionary measures and adhering to recommendations from public health officials, as well as continuing to maintain our high standards for customer service and cleanliness.
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the City will temporarily be suspending in-person services at Utility Customer Service office until further notice. All residents are encouraged to manage their account online at www.Utility.CityofPSL.com, pay by phone, 24 hours a day/ 7days a week at 772-873-6400, and utilize the drop-off box outside City Hall.
Important Phone Numbers:
Citizens can use the 1PSL mobile app to request services, pay their utility bill, ask questions, and learn about City news and updates. The new 1PSL mobile app is free on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Those who prefer to use the telephone can call 772-871-1775 (1PSL) at any time of the day and reach a 1PSL navigator who can assist with questions or requests. For those who prefer to use their computer, the 1PSL web portal can be accessed at www.cityofpsl.com/1PSL.
Utility Systems Department 772-873-6400
Waste Pro 772-595-9390
Waste Management – Citizens can take preventative measures to ensure that the spread of COVID-19 is minimized by refraining from pruning of trees and shrubs that would typically be put curbside in large piles, as well as refrain from putting out large bulk piles of debris and household items.
The City of Port St. Lucie is asking all residents that for the next two months, to be more cognizant of the amount of garbage and trash they generate that would typically be put curbside. Like other businesses, the waste hauling industry may experience reductions in their workforce due to precautionary measures or as a direct result of exposure to the virus. By taking these three simple steps; reduce, recycle and refrain, we as a City can still maintain a level of cleanliness that we’re accustomed to as we navigate these unprecedented waters of COVID-19.
Openings and Hours of Operation
The City’s Division of Emergency Management and our public safety partners continue to address all the facets of this developing situation. The City has increased the frequency of our already stringent cleaning and sanitization procedures at every public facility, including waiting rooms that our public visits.
All City buildings will be operating normal hours:
- City Hall, Buildings A, and B, 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Police Department, 121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Robert E. Minsky Gym, 750 SW Darwin Blvd. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Saint Golf Course at Port St. Lucie, 2601 SE Morningside Blvd. 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- For the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Place and Botanical Gardens, 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd. Hours vary by day, please visit www.CityofPSL.com/LeisureTime for more information.
The Saints Golf Course remains open for business; however, temporary safety measures have been implemented. Golf instructions and the hospitality service, assisting guests with bags, and in and out of golf carts, have been suspended.
While the Community Fitness & Wellness Center and MIDFLORIDA Event Center’s Humana Fitness & Wellness Center remain open to the public, all fitness programs included with memberships are hereby suspended through March 29, 2020. No personal training sessions are available until further notice.
When guests purchase day passes, from March 18 – March 30, 2020, they may only enter the fitness center. Use of the racquetball courts, indoor gymnasium and game room is prohibited during this time.
- Suspensions of Classes, Events, Workshops and Meetings
Spring Break Camp at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center is hereby canceled, effective Wednesday, March 18 through March 27, 2020.
- Any reservations (weddings, meetings, so on) scheduled between March 18 – March 30, 2020, of groups of 50 or more people are hereby canceled.
- From March 18 – March 30, 2020, reservations will not be taken at the MIDFLORIA Event Center Recreation & Fitness, PSL Community Center and Minsky Gym.
In an abundance of caution, the City is suspending the following programs until Monday, March 30, 2020.
MIDFLORIDA Event Center | Recreation & Fitness
- Rock Steady Boxing Program
- Great Kids After-School Program
- M&M Sweeties
- Special Needs Fun n’ Fit
- Movin’ and Grooving
- Toddler Drop Off
- Dance Combo
- Once Upon a Time
- Birthday Party Rentals
- Tutus & Taps
- Senior Game Mixer
- Senior Mah Jongg
- Senior “Technology Take Over”
- Line Dancing Class
- Indoor Men’s Basketball League
- Open Gym Drop-In Basketball
- Indoor Pickleball
- Indoor Racquetball
- Teen Drop-In Program
All game room activities are hereby suspended.
- Senior Social
- Social Bridge
- Mah Jongg
- Line Dance
The gymnasium is closed to the public.
- Parent Tot Time
- Wild Wacky Wednesdays
- Skills & Drills
- 30 & Over Basketball
- Birthday Pizza Parties
- Adult Volleyball
- Pee-Wee Sports
- Boys & Girls Volleyball
- All Junior Basketball games and practices (if applicable)
- PSL Roadrunners
- Great Kids After-School Program
- Third-party users of City parks will announce any cancellations directly.
- Any park reservation currently in place for groups of 50 people or more is canceled.
- Any City run league, i.e., Senior Softball, Adult Softball League, games and practices are hereby suspended from March 18 – March 29, 2020. Updates will be provided.
- Pizza Jam – Youth scheduled for Friday, March 20 at Robert E. Minsky Gym.
- Minsky Gym Garage Sale scheduled for Saturday, March 21 at Robert E. Minsky Gymnasium.
- One-Stop Shop Garage Sale scheduled for Sunday, March 22 at MIDFLORIDA Event Center.
- Senior Dance scheduled for Saturday, March 28 at MIDFLORIDA Event Center.
- River Nights, scheduled for Thursday, April 9 at 2454 SE Westmoreland Blvd.
- Eggstravaganza scheduled for Saturday, April 11 at Whispering Pines Park.
- Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful’s Caring Community Cleanup Day, scheduled for April 18 at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center
The City’s COVID-19 webpage https://www.cityofpsl.com/covid19 is accessible with all relevant information. The City’s Facebook page @CityofPSL and the City’s Twitter page, @CityPortStLucie and NextDoor App page also will have up-to-the-minute information.
The City of Port St. Lucie is proud to be a hometown where people live, learn, work and play, and celebrate all of life’s opportunities. With over 195,000 residents, Port St. Lucie is Florida’s seventh largest city by population (South Florida’s 3rd largest city). The City occupies an area of 120 square miles in St. Lucie County on Florida’s east coast, about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach, half way between Miami and Orlando. The City provides most traditional municipal services including law enforcement, water and sewer, and public works. For more information, please visit: www.cityofpsl.com
Treasure Coast Business is a news service and magazine published in print, via e-newsletter and online at tcbusiness.com by Indian River Magazine Inc. For more information or to report news email [email protected]